Skip to main content

Asylum making a claim in the andUKand

You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee. To be eligible you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution. Apply for a visa if you want to come to the UK for another reason for example to work study or remain with family. If you’re already in the UK and want to remain with family living here apply for a family of a settled person visa.